1. About this document
As responsible data custodians we are committed to protecting your personal information.
You can obtain further information regarding the APPs and your privacy rights at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) at www.oaic.gov.au
3. Personal or sensitive information we collect
We may collect personal information that you have supplied to us such as your name, age, date ofbirth, address, and other contact details. We may also collect sensitive information from you withyour consent (in specific circumstances).
The type of information we may collect depends on your dealings with us and may include:
• Information collected from you including our Client Data Form and Client Risk Profile;
• Information from your current, past or recommended providers of insurance, superannuation and other providers of financial services to you;
• Information from your past, present or future advisers including accountants, lawyers, financiers and all other professionals;
• Name, contact details;
• Identification information – e.g. your tax file number, driver’s licence, Medicare details;
• Employment information – e.g. current and historical;
• Financial information – e.g. bank accounts, shareholdings, loans;
• Financial circumstances – e.g. assets and liabilities, credit reporting, income, expenditure,
• insurance, superannuation, investments; and
• Information provided to us via client surveys.
4. Collection & Use
We may collect personal information from you or from third parties by:
• Having face-to-face meetings and telephone discussions with you;
• Asking you to complete client questionnaires;
• You using our website and interacting with our social media sites;
• You communicating with us through correspondence;
• Conferring with third parties such as financiers or the Australian Taxation Office on your behalf;
• Using “cookies” or other similar tracking technologies on our website that track website usage,
• preferences and personal account information; and
• Requesting information from a publicly available source.
We collect personal information from you to be able to provide you with the services you have requested us to provide including:
• Providing you with financial planning advice;
• Statements of Advice and Records of Advice;
• Fee Disclosure Statements; and
• Liaising with third parties on your behalf such as financial institutions, government organisations, insurance.
We may disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• To enable you to access and use our services and in turn provide our services to you;
• To our staff in both Australia and overseas, with strict protections and restrictions;
• To provide you with direct marketing materials that may be of interest to you such as articles orproduct brochures or correspondence from our business partners;
• For purposes that you consent to such disclosure or for a related purpose where you wouldreasonably expect such disclosure; and
• Any circumstance otherwise authorised by the Corporations Act and/or the Privacy Act.
We will only use sensitive information for the primary purpose it was obtained for or for a secondarypurpose that is directly related to the primary purpose (or where otherwise required by law).
We may disclose your personal and sensitive information to trusted third parties, including the following entities:
• Our representatives, advisers, employees, dealers, agents and related bodies corporate;
• third party suppliers and service providers such as the providers for the operation of our website orbusiness services;
• The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to meet ongoing compliance;
• The Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) or Financial Planning Association(FPA) on request to meet ongoing compliance, mandatory professional standards and other legalobligations;
• Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and
• As required by law or directed by legal decision/process;
• Any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise connected with any complaint regarding ourservices.
We take our security obligations seriously and your personal information is regarded as confidentialand may be held in both hard copy and/or electronic versions. We will take all reasonable stepsto safeguard your information so that it is not misused, lost, modified, accessed by unauthorisedpersons or disclosed without authorisation.
As responsible data custodians we are familiar with the requirements of the Notifiable Data Breachesscheme and are committed to responding to data breaches in accordance with our obligations underthe Privacy Act. We will notify the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and you if thereis unauthorised access to, unauthorised disclosure of, or loss of, personal information held by us andthe access, disclosure or loss is likely to result in serious harm to any of the individuals to whom theinformation relates in accordance with the Privacy Act.
7. Accessing, Updating and Correcting Your Personal and Sensitive Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please provide us with a request in writing to the contact details listed below.Depending upon the complexity of the request, we will endeavour to respond to you within four weeks of receiving your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providingaccess to, your information on a per request basis. Where we cannot provide you with access to all ofyour personal information, we will provide you with reasons why. We may also require your identity tobe verified when you send in your request and prior to sending any substantive response.
If at any time you believe that information we hold about you is incomplete, inaccurate, irrelevant,misleading or not up-to-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to correct theinformation in accordance with the Privacy Act.
8. Complaints and Inquiries
Bruce Davis of Wise Investment Advisers Pty Ltd (ABN 56 115 230 147) AFSL 473981
18 Birkalla Terrace Plympton SA 5038
Please make sure to include your name and return contact details with any inquiry.
We will endeavour to respond to your complaint or inquiry within a reasonable period from when it isreceived.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or inquiry you can contact the Office ofthe Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) at www.oaic.gov.au
Policy Effective: 24 September 2018